VPE-8SS Peter Pugger Power Extruder
Vacuum De-airing Powered Clay Extruder 25 lb
Shown right with optional Stand and Foot Pedal Control (not included)
Extruding has never been easier! Peter Pugger’s introduces the latest in extruding technology. With new patented vacuum dearing capability, the VPE-8SS studio power extruder eliminates the issues that are inherent with traditional manual wall extruders and air assisted power extruders. With hands free control, sealed extruding chamber and plenty of force to extrude even the toughest shapes (large or small), Peter Pugger’s new VPE-8SS is the solution to those challenging projects.
- STORES MOIST CLAY INDEFINITELY
- MOUNTS VERTICALLY OR HORIZONTALLY : Shown right with Horizontal mount option (not included)
- ELIMINATES AIR BETWEEN “CHUNKS” OF CLAY
- EASY MOUNT EXTRUSION DIES
- INTELLECTUAL (RAPID) RETRACT & EXTRUDING CAPABILITY
- PATENTED VACUUM DESIGN (45 YEARS PROVEN)
- VARIABLE SPEED CONTROL (HAND OR FOOT OPERATED)
- SEALED CHAMBER ELIMINATES NEED TO CLEAN OUT AFTER EVERY USE DUE TO DRIED OUT CLAY
- SMALL, EFFICIENT & QUIET
- AUTO SAFETY SHUT-OFF
- USA MADE
*Max Batch Capacity is based on material density and moisture content
- Maximum Batch Capacity*: 25 pounds
- Operational PSI: 1200-2000psi
- Dimensions: 38″L x 16″W x 21″H (Horizontal Version)
- Hopper Door Size: 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Extrusion Size: Multiple configurations avail.
- Hydraulics/Electrical: 1/2 HP 1-phase, 8 amps at 120 volts, 4 amps at 240V
- Vacuum Pump: 1/2 HP, 3 amps at 120 volts, 2 amps at 240V
- Crated Weight: 210lbs. (Horizontal) 90lbs. (Power Pack)
- Additional Equipment: Vertical Stand (optional), Foot Pedal Control (optional)
Vacauum Chamber: The patented vacuum chamber acts as a separation
chamber (located between the cylinder head and the processing chamber)
to protect the vacuum seals and hydraulic system as a result of
overfilling the Power Extruder. The excess clay can be easily removed
from the vacuum chamber if overfilling occurs.
Sealed Chamber: : Moist clay can be stored indefinitely since all openings are sealed.
Extruder Output: Switch to EXTRUDE after a batch is loaded and
the Power Extruder will begin extruding material using hand or foot
Aluminum and Stainless Steel Construction: The Power Extruder
main chamber, hydraulic push rod plate and nozzle are made of aluminum
to ensure clay processing without iron contamination. Stainless Steel
main chamber, hydraulic push rod plate and nozzle option is available.
Vacuum Deaired: Entire batch can be thoroughly deaired by
starting the vacuum pump once batch has been loaded. Air is removed from
around “clay chunks” leaving an air-free, high quality product.
Variable Speed: Variable speed allows the operator to control
the speed of the motor, thus the speed of the extrusion. This control
is especially useful when extruding small objects through dies attached
to the nozzle.
Hand and Foot Operation: The Power Extruder can be operated using hand or foot pedal controls.
Rapid Retract: Once the complete batch of material has been
extruded, switch to “RAPID RETRACT” to quickly bring the cylinder head
back into position for reloading.
The power extruder is interlocked for safe loading and maintenance.
Load a full batch, close the lid and turn it on-this eliminates exposure
to moving components. The machine shuts off automatically when the lid
The Power Extruder comes equipped with a machined o-ring groove and bolt
holes on the extrusion exit flange to allow for the attachment of a
wide range of extrusion dies and attachments. Deaired clay can be
extruded directly through the extrusion die. The speed of the extrusion
can be controlled using the variable speed control.
Vacuum is provided by a 1/3 HP double-headed rocking piston diaphragm
pump. These new technology pumps are the simplest and quietest vacuum
sources available. They are maintenance free and long lasting.
With the removal of four bolts, the entire extruding chamber can be
accessed so it can be conveniently cleaned out. Cleaning is necessary
only to avoid cross contamination. Since the machines are completely
sealed, moist clay can be stored indefinitely without drying out.
VPE-8 Vertical Configuration with Optional Stand and Foot Pedal Controls
|Accessories for this product...