Paragon F120 Glass Annealing Kiln with Mandrel Holder
Includes mandrel points
Paragon F-120 Lamp Working Kiln
Anneal large glass figurines in the digital Paragon F-120 lamp working kiln. Raise the spring-loaded vertical-drop door to
insert a glass figurine with a punty rod. Lower the door. The punty rod
extends outside the firing chamber through the smaller 2” x 8” punty rod
door. This allows the glass to anneal safely.
You can make figurines up to 5” tall in the Paragon F-120. Maintain the annealing temperature indefinitely with the Sentry
Xpress 3-key controller.
The ease of operation of this electric glass kiln will delight you. Never
before has lamp work been so easy in this price range. Imagine the massive, award-winning figurines you will make with this electric glass kiln.
Features of the Sentry Xpress digital controller
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Check the program you are about to fire with Program Review.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a
specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the
“Additional Information” section below to review these features in more
Pinless element grooves
The Paragon F-120 elements are mounted in pinless grooves in the 3” thick firebrick roof. The element coils are wider than
the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins. With
the element in the top, you can also fuse and slump glass.
Imagine the glass you could sag, slump, and fuse with this electric glass kiln. Make small pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even
bracelets. Enjoy the glittering beauty of dichroics.
Basic electric glass kiln features
- On/off switch
- Safety pilot light
- Electrical components stay cool in a slotted base.
- Precisely balanced spring-loaded vertical-drop door
- Thermocouple with high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life
- Rare earth magnets hold the 2” x 8” punty rod door open or closed.
- Stainless steel sheet metal screws
- Optional mercury relay available
- TUV tested to UL and CSA standards.
- Made in the USA
- Pinless element grooves
- 3” thick insulating refractory firebricks in the roof; 2 1/2” thick firebrick walls and bottom
Optional deluxe mercury relay
You can order the optional deluxe mercury
relay, which controls the cycling of the heating elements. The relay is
industrial grade and heavy-duty for extra long life. Glass artists
cherish the dependability of the mercury relay.
Made in America
This electric glass kiln is made at the Paragon factory in Mesquite, Texas, which is about 20 minutes east of Dallas. Our kilns are
not merely assembled—they are hand crafted by skilled workers.
Fifty-one percent of them have been with Paragon for over a decade. Even
the instruction manuals are printed by offset at our Mesquite, Texas
Tested by TUV
And for your safety, the F-120 is tested by TUV, Germany’s leading testing lab, to meet UL and CSA standards.
Included with your electric glass kiln is a 16-page controller instruction manual and a quick start programming guide, all written in plain English and fully illustrated.
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
IMPORTANT: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns.
Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-Key
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede our recommendations.
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products reflect their design for use in the United States. The International versions of most models will have variations in electrical specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or electrical regulations.
Front Loading Square
Understanding Chamber Measurements
The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
20.50W x 23.00D x 20.00H Inches
521W x 584D x 508H mm
28.50W x 28.50D x 27.00H Inches
724W x 724D x 686H mm
Ship Method & Notations
This Kiln Ships Via Truck
04211J3BGA * Base Model