L&L Kilns : DAVINCI T3427D
Order your DaVinci
square and rectangular sectional kiln from Sheffield Pottery. Ask about our professional delivery and inside set up.
They come in 22 sizes from 3.4 cubic
feet to 34.5 cubic feet. They are available in 6 cross-sections from 18"
high to 45" high. They all feature a unique spring-loaded
counterbalance, separate control panel, 3" firebrick, heavy-duty
elements. Manual or automatic. Our prices show the automatic versions. Call if you would like to order the manual version for the same discount.
- 20.7 cu ft.
- Internal Size: 43 1/2" wide x 30 1/2" deep x 27" high
- Number of Sections: Three
- Brick: 3" of premium select K23
- Max Temp: 2350F, 1287C, Cone 10
- Control Panel Mount: Floor Standing, Plug-in, separate from kiln
- Control: Handheld DynaTrol with Dynamic Zone Control, 4 pvreset programs, 6 user defined programs
- Industrial Thermocouples
- Stand: Heavy-Duty Welded Angle Iron
- Power Hook Up: Direct Hook-Up
- Heavy Duty Elements
- Three Year Warranty
- Shipping Weight:
1575 pounds for kiln. 1600 pounds for kiln with vent. 1800 pounds for kiln with furniture kit. 1825 pounds for kiln with vent and kit. Shipping class 85.
Two wooden crates: one is 62” by 54” by 48” tall. The other crate is 62” by 48” by 84” tall.
DaVinci Kilns Features
Square and rectangular DaVinci kilns use shallow arches for their sides. This is very stable and much stronger than oval kiln designs where the weak front can cave in under pressure (from loading or moving). Loading of many types of ware (for instance plates and tiles) is far more efficient in a square or rectangular kiln than in a polygonal or oval kiln. The extra “plus” space created by the arch in the sides helps natural convection inside the kiln without taking up valuable loading space. This natural convection promotes even firing.
Spring-counterbalanced brick lid
The lid can be opened with one hand. Because the lid closes gently there is less wear and tear on the lid and rim. In addition, the lid is fully supported around the perimeter with structural steel members. This takes stress off of the fragile firebrick. The hinge post is adjustable up and down. This allows the hinge system to be adapted to your kiln if you add or remove a section. The heavy-duty hinge system is made of welded structural steel. The lid is worry-free firebrick. A rigid steel channel frame surrounds the lid. Stainless steel channels hold the lid to this frame. Even if the door cracks it will maintain its integrity and stay in place. Adjust size by adding sections All DaVinci production kilns are made in 9” high sections that come apart. You can increase or decrease the size by adding or removing a section (without removing the lid!)
Heavy-duty welded frame bottom
The welded stand will solidly support the weight of the kiln and the heaviest load in your kiln.
Easy to move and set up Because the DaVinci kilns come in 9” high sections, they can be easily moved and set up. Move them through any standard 32” wide doorway.
Elements last up to four times longer
Heavy gauge premium elements with a very low watt density last 3 to 4 times longer than most typical kiln elements, proven in over 20 years of firing. There are three elements per 9” high section. Branch fusing Each element circuit or zone is separately fused in a branch circuit.
Handheld DynaTrol zone control with “Dynamic Zone Control”. (See page 10). An On/Off switch turns power off to the kiln when not using it. A control fuse protects the control circuit.
Floor standing detached control panel
The control panel mounts on the floor - away from kiln heat. Switches and sensitive components last longer. Kiln sections plug into the panel with flexible cords. The panel door is hinged and all wiring is neatly laid out for easy maintenance.
Many options and sizes
There are 20 sizes up to 34-1/2 cubic feet (plus custom sizes - see page 45). Standard crosssections are 22” square, 26-1/2” square, 30-1/2” square, 26-1/2” by 35-1/4” rectangular and 30- 1/2” by 43-1/2” rectangular. Heights of 18”, 27”, 36” and 45” are standard with other heights custom. All models are available as manual kilns. Bottom elements are available on many models. There are many other options which you can find in the L&L Custom Kiln Catalog.
FIRES TO CONE 10 - 2350F - 1287C
3" OF PREMIUM FIREBRICK
- The DaVinci production kilns are unequivocally rated for cone 10 operation (2350F, 1287C).
- They have a higher K.W. power rating than most other ceramic kilns.
- Power Bottoms are available.
- 3" Premium grade K23 firebrick is standard
LARGE 1" DIAMETER PEEPHOLES
- Peepholes are a full one inch diameter and are not tapered.
- Better view inside kiln
- Less chance of breakage
SQUARE AND RECTANGULAR "PLUS" DESIGN
- Whether you order a manual or an automatic, every DaVinci kiln is multi-zoned.
- Each 9" section (and optional powered bottom) has its own separate contactor or manual infinite switch.
- In the case of the four or five section automatic kilns the middle sections operate together as one zone.
- For automatic kilns the optional powered bottom is tied into the bottom zone. However, the DynaTrol allows you to adjust how much of the bottom's power is used (from 10% to 100%).
>VERSATILITY OF SIZE - SECTIONAL CONSTRUCTION
- All DaVinci production kilns are sectionalized.
- You can increase or decrease the size by adding or removing a section.
- Save on electric bills for small loads yet have ample firing capacity.
- Add capacity in the future.
- Control boxes are sized for 5 zones (even on smaller kilns) and extra circuits can be added by the factory in the future if ever needed.
DaVinci kilns feature a unique shallow arch design that provides a very strong structure and promotes natural convection
Automatic DaVinci Kilns Features
>DYNATROL AUTOMATIC CONTROL - WITH FOUR EASY CERAMIC PROGRAMS
>The DynaTrol with "Dynamic Zone Control" replaces manual switches
and the Dawson kiln sitter/timer.
Operation of the kiln, including zone control for even firing, is completely automated.
There are four easy-to-use "Easy-Fire" ceramic programs.
There are six user defined programs for more sophisticated firing.
DYNATROL IS IN HANDHELD PANEL
On DaVinci kilns the DynaTrol is mounted in a separate hand-held box that plugs into the power contactor panel.
This control box can hang on the wall or a supplied bracket that attaches to the counterbalance pole.
>DYNAMIC ZONE CONTROL FOR EVEN FIRING
Dynamic Zone Control automatically controls a top, middle and bottom zone for accuracy better than 1/2 cone top to bottom.
L&L does not charge extra for this great feature - others do.
ON/OFF SWITCH & CONTROL FUSE
OPTIONAL BOTTOM ELEMENTS
OPTIONAL 120 VOLT CONTROL POWER WITH NOISE FILTER
OPTIONAL BELL-LIFT SYSTEM
FLOOR STANDING DETACHED CONTROL PANEL WITH
BRANCH FUSING, POWER RELAYS AND INDUSTRIAL GRADE WIRING
INDUSTRIAL TYPE ELEMENT CONNECTIONS WITH SPECIAL CERAMIC BLOCKS
UL / CANADIAN LISTED
- All DaVinci Series kilns including manual, automatic, single phase, three phase and those with powered bottoms are C-UL-us listed.
- 480 and 380 volt kilns are not listed but are made to National Electrical Code standards.
- Also we make higher powered XB and TB versions of the DaVincis in 27", 36" and 45" high models that are not c-UL-us listed.