SKUTT KILN KMT 1027
With Wi-fi enabled Touch Screen Controller
Phase Electric Kiln
SEE PRODUCT VIDEOS TAB FOR DEMO OF THE KMT KILN CONTROLLER
The Skutt KMT 1027 kiln is known as a real powerhouse because of its large 7 cubic foot capacity and ability to fire to Cone 10 at 240V.
We recommend the better insulated KMT1027-3
(same basic kiln but with 3" brick) if you fire to cone 6 and above on a regular basis:ABOUT THE KMT CONTROLLER
Like a smartphone, the new KMT controller navigates with just a touch of a finger and allows us to guide you through programming with full sentences, helpful icons, and dynamic navigation.
Built-in WiFi makes it possible to download any software feature upgrades for free so it is like having a new Kiln Controller for the life of the kiln.
A Free App works in conjunction with the WiFi and allows you to monitor your kiln temperature and status from your smartphone.Think how comforting it will be not to get out of bed to be sure your kiln shutoff as expected.
The Hinged Controller allows you to move the controller up and down to an angle that is comfortable for you to program. No more getting on your hands and knees. After programming you can push it back down so it is out of your way and easy to view from across the room.
It has the Same Functions you have come to know and love from the standard KilnMaster Controller Plus More!ConeFire Mode
– Allows you to easily program the kiln based on the cone value and whether it is a bisque or glaze firing. Now it is faster than ever. An easy to edit screen lets you quickly change parameters from the last firing and start the program. You can also view the actual segments in the program and display a graph of the firing.Ramp/Hold Programming Mode
– Allows you to easily input your own firing programs. Now you can Name Your Programs and store them in My Programs for easy access. You can even Copy Programs you like, but want to change slightly to speed up the programming process.
There are exciting New Functions that are on this controller as well.Guided Start
– This programming Mode is meant for beginners. It guides you through every step of the programming process with Helpful Messages to make things crystal clear and give you confidence you have done everything correctly before you press Start.Program Library
– We have added a program library with helpful programs for unique processes like Slow Sculpture, Steven Hill Single Fire, and Cone 5 Crystal Glaze.Help Screens
– Nearly every page has a Help Button that will give you detailed information about the screen you are currently viewing. It is like having the manual right on the controller!More Detailed Diagnostics
– We put in place more detailed diagnostic tools which make it faster to figure out what may be going on with your kiln. And, because your kiln is connected to the internet our technicians can view the data right from their desk.Graphing
– When you press Start the controller will display a Graph of the firing so you can follow it along as the kiln goes through the program.Logging
– The controller actually stores the information from your last 10 firings which can be downloaded to an Excel Spreadsheet.Upgrading to KilnLink
– Adding KilnLink to your kiln just got easier and more affordable. The built-in WiFi eliminates the need for expensive hardware so now all you need to do is pay a minimal monthly data storage and development fee.
It is a great single phase kiln for those who fire porcelain and stoneware.
This Skutt KMT 1027 kiln has proven to be the most popular model in our KilnMaster line, and has earned a reputation as a kiln which fires evenly at high temperatures over and over again. Again, the addition
of the Skutt EnviroVent will help get the most from this kin's automatic firing
capabilities. Also available in three phase models.
Electrical Requirements: 240 Volts 48 Amps 11520
208 Volts 48 Amps 9980 Watts
Copper Wire Size: 6
Breaker Size: 60
NEMA Receptacle Configuration: 6-50
All Skutt 10 and 12-sided kilns come with a Lid Lifter as
a standard feature. These spring-assisted lids are so light you can lift
them with a finger. Compare them to other brands and you will feel the
Every lid on this Skutt KMT 1027 kiln is coated with a strong, long lasting refractory cement that prevents brick dust from falling into the kiln and improves the lids structural integrity. Since both sides are coated, the lid can
be reversed for double the life.
A 2-position, lid brace is included for additional safety