Paragon CS-19S Glass Fusing Kiln
Paragon’s square CS-19S digital glass clamshell kiln is easy to load, because the top lifts out of the way. Load the shelf first and then the glass onto the shelf.
Imagine the glass murals you could make with this kiln. Fire loads of glass-fused bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Try out the newest glass techniques that you’ve learned from teachers and friends. Enjoy adding glittering dichroic glass to your work of art. Make gifts that your loved ones will enjoy for generations. When you own a Paragon CS-19S, you can experiment with glass fusing to your heart’s content. Imagine the freedom to experiment any time you want.
Deluxe Ceramic Fiber Top
The CS-19S clamshell kiln heats from the top for even heat distribution across the glass surface. The elements are completely embedded in a lightweight ceramic fiber top. The top has no element grooves or pins; this streamlined design helps eliminate dust in the firing chamber.
The top of the lid is protected with a painted sheetmetal cover. The sheetmetal is bent to cover the sides of the lid and then welded at the corners. You will be amazed at the sturdy construction that has made Paragon kilns renowned among glass fusers. The self-adjusting lid of the square glass fusing kiln floats at fusing temperatures.
Kiln Lifts Out of the Way for Easy Loading
The walls and top, as a single unit, lift up and out of the way so you can assemble glass pieces inside the clamshell kiln without hassle. Add stringers and glass frit to delicate designs, often without using glue. When the kiln shelf is loaded and you are ready to fire, lower the kiln in place.
The clamshell kiln is easy to open because of three counter-weight springs mounted under the kiln. This unique feature sets Paragon kilns apart from the competition. The kiln base extends 4” in the back to support the weight of the kiln when in the open position. The base of the square glass fusing kiln comes with mar-proof rubber feet. The walls and bottom are made from hand-selected insulating firebricks.
The CS-19S clamshell top and kiln walls are one unit. If you need the version with a separate lid, please see the CS-19D (double opening).
Optional Glass Window and Bead Door
Enhance your glass fusing experience with the optional high temperature 1” x 3” glass window. Simplify fusing by watching every stage, from softening, to tack fuse, to full fuse. Watch the glass to fine-tune a digital program. (Always wear green #3 firing safety glasses while watching the glass through the window.)
You can even anneal glass beads with your CS-19S. Order the optional double 2” x 6 3/8” bead doors, which mount to the front of the kiln. Use your kiln to safely cool large, ornate beads through the annealing range.
Reliability at the Heart of the Kiln
The CS-19S square glass fusing kiln has a two-year warranty. The temperature sensor, or thermocouple, is sheathed with high-nickel stainless steel for long life. A heavy steel base supports the reversible brick bottom completely. These features are extra assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last. No extra stand is needed for this square glass fusing kiln.
The CS-19S comes with a mechanical relay, which sends power to the heating elements. Or you can order the optional industrial mercury relay for your CS-19S. The mercury relay is the longest-lasting relay we sell.
For your convenience, flip the switch on the front panel to turn off power to the controller when the clamshell kiln is not in use. The large, comfortable wooden lid handle stays cool.
The CS-19S is painted with a durable high temperature, water-base finish. We chose water-base paint because of the low emissions during spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution.
The Ease of Digital Firing
You will enjoy the convenience of digital firing. The reliable solid-state Sentry Xpress controller continually monitors the firing so you do not need to closely watch the kiln. (Please remember, however, to check the kiln occasionally during firing and to monitor it near the expected shutoff time.) You can try a demonstration of the controller on your computer by clicking here.
Paragon’s innovative controller will help you achieve consistent results from one firing to the next. It will put you in control. The controller has powerful features that you will enjoy using. Yet the controller is also easy to learn to operate. It comes with an detailed, colorful instruction manual and Quick Start card.
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon CS-series Kilns
- Program up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- For simple projects such as pendants, fire to a single temperature at a single speed in Single Speed mode.
- Store up to 4 programs in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold without having to stop the kiln to reprogram. (For instance, you want to skip to the annealing segment after the glass has fused.)
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without stopping the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the firing to reprogram.
- Easily control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Program an alarm that will remind you to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln at a time that best suits your busy schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review all the controller features in more detail.
Paragon kilns are made in America to exacting standards. As part of our relentless pursuit of perfection, Paragon kilns go through a rigorous 15-step inspection. When you call Paragon during business hours, a customer service professional will answer the phone. Your call is too valuable to be sent to an answering system.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new clamshell kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period of this square glass fusing kiln.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.