Skutt KM1227-3PK Kiln with Touch-Screen Controller
Single Phase : Cone 10 at 208 or 240 volt
SEE PRODUCT VIDEOS TAB FOR DEMO OF THE SKUTT KMT KILN CONTROLLER!
This Skutt KMT 1227PK kiln with touch screen controller provides the high volume Cone 10 power you’ve been looking for.
Finally, a ceramic pottery kiln designed specifically for volume production and fast turnaround of high mass loads. The Skutt KMT1227-PK kiln with a touch screen controller has the power and industrial components to go straight to Cone 10 with a full load of tile or stoneware – no slow struggling to reach the final temperature. The standard KilnMaster controller
gives you the options of Cone Firing, or selecting your own 8-segment Ramp/Hold
firing programs. The combination of direct wiring, heavy duty elements, connectors and relays, plus traditional stainless steel and firebrick construction results in the Skutt KMT 1227PK kiln with touch screen controller that will last for years of constant use. Among the most
powerful on the market today, the line was designed at the request of Skutt
Like a smartphone, the new KMT controller navigates with just a touch of a finger and allows us to guide you through programming with full sentences, helpful icons, and dynamic navigation.
Built-in WiFi makes it possible to download any software feature upgrades for free so it is like having a new Kiln Controller for the life of the kiln.
A Free App works in conjunction with the WiFi and allows you to monitor your kiln temperature and status from your smartphone.Think how comforting it will be not to get out of bed to be sure your kiln shutoff as expected.
The Hinged Controller allows you to move the controller up and down to an angle that is comfortable for you to program. No more getting on your hands and knees. After programming you can push it back down so it is out of your way and easy to view from across the room.
It has the Same Functions you have come to know and love from the standard KilnMaster Controller Plus More!ConeFire Mode
– Allows you to easily program the kiln based on the cone value and whether it is a bisque or glaze firing. Now it is faster than ever. An easy to edit screen lets you quickly change parameters from the last firing and start the program. You can also view the actual segments in the program and display a graph of the firing.Ramp/Hold Programming Mode
– Allows you to easily input your own firing programs. Now you can Name Your Programs and store them in My Programs for easy access. You can even Copy Programs you like, but want to change slightly to speed up the programming process.
There are exciting New Functions that are on this controller as well.Guided Start
– This programming Mode is meant for beginners. It guides you through every step of the programming process with Helpful Messages to make things crystal clear and give you confidence you have done everything correctly before you press Start.Program Library
– We have added a program library with helpful programs for unique processes like Slow Sculpture, Steven Hill Single Fire, and Cone 5 Crystal Glaze.Help Screens
– Nearly every page has a Help Button that will give you detailed information about the screen you are currently viewing. It is like having the manual right on the controller!More Detailed Diagnostics
– We put in place more detailed diagnostic tools which make it faster to figure out what may be going on with your kiln. And, because your kiln is connected to the internet our technicians can view the data right from their desk.Graphing
– When you press Start the controller will display a Graph of the firing so you can follow it along as the kiln goes through the program.Logging
– The controller actually stores the information from your last 10 firings which can be downloaded to an Excel Spreadsheet.Upgrading to KilnLink
– Adding KilnLink to your kiln just got easier and more affordable. The built-in WiFi eliminates the need for expensive hardware so now all you need to do is pay a minimal monthly data storage and development fee.
Skutt KMT 1227PK Kiln Features
limited warranty, (elements excluded)
Type K thermocouple
connectors on feeder wires
swing away, air cooled switch box
handles on each section
dust-free lid with full-floating hinge
types of exposed, pinned elements for optimum balance
top and bottom slabs
KM-1231PK Electrical Requirements
Includes New Skutt Lid Lifter :
The New Lid Lifter makes our 10 and 12-sided
lids some of the lightest on the market. In fact you can now lift them with
just a finger. The lid brace has been redesigned for added strength and now
has 2 positions. The innovative Center Pivot Design distributes the force on
the lid across 2 points as opposed to only one.
It ships fully assembled on the ceramic pottery kiln. And unlike some other brands there is no awkward loading of
the springs required. The kiln remains completely sectional for moving and
repairs. The lid can be effortlessly and safely detensioned by simply raising
the lid and sliding out the tension rod.
It really is that easy to use on the Skutt KMT1227-PK electric kiln!