Skutt KMT1227-3 Kiln with Touch-Screen Controller
SEE PRODUCT VIDEOS TAB FOR DEMO OF THE KMT KILN CONTROLLER
The Skutt 1227-3 automatic kiln with Touch-Screen Controller is a larger studio kiln that is well suited in contemporary studios and schools for low-fire ceramics. It is rated cone 8 at 240 volt and cone 5 at 208 volt.(Note: If you fire regularly at cone 6 or above you would want to choose the KMT1227PK instead.)
Like Your Smartphone the new KMT controller navigates with just a touch of a finger and allows us to guide you through programming with full sentences, helpful icons, and dynamic navigation.
Built-in WiFi makes it possible to download any software feature upgrades for free so it is like having a new Kiln Controller for the life of the kiln.
A free app works in conjunction with the WiFi and allows you to monitor the temperature and status of this Skutt 1227-3 automatic kiln from your smartphone. Think how comforting it will be not to get out of bed to be sure your kiln shutoff as expected.
The Hinged Controller allows you to move the controller up and down to an angle that is comfortable for you to program. No more getting on your hands and knees. After programming you can push it back down so it is out of your way and easy to view from across the room.
It has the Same Functions you have come to know and love from the standard KilnMaster Controller Plus More!
– Allows you to easily program the kiln based on the cone value and whether it is a bisque or glaze firing. Now it is faster than ever. An easy to edit screen lets you quickly change parameters from the last firing and start the program. You can also view the actual segments in the program and display a graph of the firing.
Ramp/Hold Programming Mode
– Allows you to easily input your own firing programs. Now you can Name Your Programs and store them in My Programs for easy access. You can even Copy Programs you like, but want to change slightly to speed up the programming process.
There are exciting New Functions that are on this controller as well.
– This programming Mode is meant for beginners. It guides you through every step of the programming process with Helpful Messages to make things crystal clear and give you confidence you have done everything correctly before you press Start.
– We have added a program library with helpful programs for unique processes like Slow Sculpture, Steven Hill Single Fire, and Cone 5 Crystal Glaze.
– Nearly every page has a Help Button that will give you detailed information about the screen you are currently viewing. It is like having the manual right on the controller!
More Detailed Diagnostics
– We put in place more detailed diagnostic tools which make it faster to figure out what may be going on with your kiln. And, because your kiln is connected to the internet our technicians can view the data right from their desk.
– When you press Start the controller will display a Graph of the firing so you can follow it along as the kiln goes through the program.
– The controller actually stores the information from your last 10 firings which can be downloaded to an Excel Spreadsheet.
Upgrading to KilnLink
– Adding KilnLink to your kiln just got easier and more affordable. The built-in WiFi eliminates the need for expensive hardware so now all you need to do is pay a minimal monthly data storage and development fee.
This kiln line is designed specifically for volume production and fast
turnaround of high mass loads.
the top producer.
This is the perfect automatic single phase electric kiln for high production, with nearly
10 cubic feet of loading capacity. For those who fire the same program for
many loads, you need simply to load and start one of your six stored programs,
and go back to work on your next batch. The KilnMaster will handle all the
firing details with truly superhuman precision, ensuring that you will get
superb consistency, load after load. If your 1227-3 is fitted with a Skutt
EnviroVent, you can plug all the peepholes, program a Delay to start your
firing at night, and be there for shut-off and unloading the next morning.
You get more sleep, and much more production. Available in three phase models.
240 Volts 48 Amps 11520
208 Volts 48 Amps 9980 Watts
Copper Wire Size: 6
Breaker Size: 60
NEMA Receptacle Configuration: 6-50
Now all 10 and 12-sided KilnMaster Kilns come standard
with a Skutt Lid Lifter
The New Lid Lifter makes our 10 and 12-sided
lids some of the lightest on the market. In fact you can now lift them with
just a finger. The lid brace has been redesigned for added strength and now
has 2 positions. The innovative Center Pivot Design distributes the force on
the lid across 2 points as opposed to only one. And unlike some other brands there is no awkward loading of
the springs required. The kiln remains completely sectional for moving and
repairs. The lid can be effortlessly and safely detensioned by simply raising
the lid and sliding out the tension rod. It really is that easy!
Order today from Sheffield Pottery!