Paragon Kilns SC2-Pro Digital Kiln
Paragon SC-2 Pro Silver & Glass Kiln
Comparing the SC-2 and SC-2 Pro Upgrade
The venerable Paragon SC2 Pro Kiln has been in production since 1997. It is a proven design that we have steadily refined over the
years. Thousands of artists in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Japan love
The sleek Paragon SC2 Pro Kiln has the same ceramic fiber firing chamber as the standard SC-2. In addition, the SC-2 Pro
features a brushed stainless steel door with an easy-to-open 9” long
wooden handle. The door opens and closes gently with an adjustable,
spring-loaded catch on the bottom. The control panel is sloped for easy
viewing and operation of the controller. The doors on both kilns open
180 degrees to give you full access to the interior. The SC-2 Pro also
has an easy-access back panel for quick maintenance.
Solid State Relay
The Paragon SC2 Pro Kiln elements are powered by a quiet, solid state relay. For your security, the solid state relay is
backed by a mechanical safety relay that turns off the heating elements
should the solid state relay ever fail.
What Can You Make with an SC-2 Pro?
You can try the amazing Art Clay Silver, PMC
silver clay, and even glass clay. Shape these clays with simple tools.
Firing the clays in a silver kiln to the correct temperature turns the clays into solid silver or glass. Fire china paint, enameling, and glass fusing in minutes with this silver & glass kiln. Create unique jewelry that you cannot buy in a store.
Give incredible gifts that sparkle with dichroic glass. The Paragon SC2 Pro Kiln fires up to 2000°F.
A Proven Design
The high-tech ceramic fiber firing chamber is
wrapped in a steel inner case. The outer steel case remains cool due to
the air gap under it. In addition, the case is slotted for air
circulation. Electrical components, located in the base, stay cool even
at extended hold times.
Large Yet Portable
The Paragon SC2 Pro Kiln can hold three shelves of silver clay yet is portable enough to take with you to classes. Program
the firing schedule that is perfect for your projects. The kiln turns
itself off after the firing is completed. (Please note, however, that
you should be near the kiln during operation.) This glass kiln is great in classrooms because the elements are embedded in ceramic fiber.
Even Heat Distribution
As with the standard SC-2, the SC-2 Pro has
separate heating elements in the left and right sides of the firing
chamber. The back of the chamber has no element, so the heat
distribution in the SC-2 Pro is even throughout the firing chamber,
because heat does not build up in the back.
Affordable, Easy to Program
The SC-2 Pro, for a digital kiln, is
surprisingly affordable and proudly made in America to exacting
standards. It fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter.
A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature, and
hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of clay
silver to its recommended time. Each SC-2 Pro includes a 1/4” thick
ceramic fiber shelf.
Paragon SC2 Pro Kiln Features
- On/off switch
- Solid state relay
- Mechanical safety relay
- Door opens 180 degrees for easy loading
- Slotted case for air circulation.
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times.
- The embedded side elements for improved heat distribution
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
- Power cord located out of the way at the back of the SC-2 Pro cabinet.
- Optional SC-2 Pro glass view port
- Optional 6 1/2” wide bead door with mandrel holder
- Printed 28-page kiln instruction manual
- Printed 16-page Sentry Xpress temperature controller manual
The Amazing Digital Controller
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is
packed with features. This silver & glass kiln controller includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the quick and simple Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program before a firing.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a
specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual (separate from the
kiln manual). Download it from the “Additional Information” section
below to review these features in more detail.
- Handy Quick Start Guide
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-Key
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln
will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products
reflect their design for use in the United States. The International
versions of most models will have variations in electrical
specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or
Kiln Type Front Loading Square
Understanding Chamber Measurements
Chamber Volume 0.21 CU.FT.
Chamber Width 8.00 IN
Chamber Depth 7.75 IN
Chamber Height 5.75 IN
The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
Outer Size 13.50W x 16.25D x 15.50H Inches
Ship Size 21.50W x 18.75D x 16.50H Inches
Ship Weight 36.00 Lbs.
This Kiln Ships Via UPS
Part Number S1529 * Base Model