Paragon Kilns : BlueBird Kiln Glass Bead Annealing
Glass Bead Annealing
The Paragon BlueBird safely anneals glass beads to prevent breakage during cooling. The kiln, made in America to exacting standards, opens doorways of
opportunity in beadmaking. Enjoy a full 20” of width with the 2” tall,
10” wide double doors. This kiln is ideal for busy seminar teachers. It
is like having two kilns in one.
High-tech Ceramic Fiber
The Paragon BlueBird electric glass kiln features high-tech ceramic fiber insulation in the roof, walls and floor. The element is embedded
in the roof between layers of ceramic fiber board to reduce dust. This high-performing glass annealing kiln for sale is something you will enjoy using often.
(Note: The Paragon BlueBird kilns are fired at the Paragon factory before the outside metal is painted. This is to harden
the liquid rigidizer on the ceramic fiber insulation. This may leave
black or brown marks on the insulation. These marks are normal.)
Mandrel Holders, Glass Rod Warmer
Insert bead mandrels into the Paragon BlueBird kiln. The
mandrel ends rest outside the kiln on 3”-deep slotted stainless steel
mandrel holders, cradled at two points. Adjust the height of the mandrel
holders by loosening screws underneath.
We have added exciting new performance-enhancing features to the Paragon BlueBird, such as the stainless steel glass rod warmer on top of the kiln. Pre-heating glass rods saves
Door Latches and Rare-Earth Magnets
Side latches hold the doors closed while the Paragon BlueBird kiln is heating to annealing temperature. This glass annealing kiln features phenolic knobs stay cool to the touch. Rare-earth magnets hold the doors open when needed. A safety
switch on the front panel turns off power to the controller when the
kiln is not in use.
Sloped Panel for Easy Operation
To save table space, the Sentry Xpress
digital controller is mounted under the kiln in an ergonomic, sloped
panel for easy operation. The built-in base stays cool even during
extended hold times. It is slotted to dissipate heat and comes with
mar-proof plastic feet.
The steel base supports the kiln in two
layers. The upper steel base supports and strengthens the ceramic fiber
floor; the lower steel base covers the entire kiln bottom where it rests
on your worktable. Electrical components are mounted to the lower base,
away from the heat of the firing chamber.
Economical to Fire
The BlueBird glass annealing kiln plugs into a standard household outlet. It draws only 1500 watts and is economical to fire. The kiln
ships by convenient UPS. Specially designed cartons and vacuum-formed
padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
Deluxe Water-Base Paint
The BlueBird has a durable high temperature,
water-base finish. Water-base paint produces low emissions during
spraying, which creates a safer working environment for our employees
and cuts down on pollution.
The BlueBird’s user-friendly 3-key Sentry
Xpress digital controller automatically maintains the annealing
temperature that you select. The controller is packed with features but
is so easy to use that your child could program it. The kiln includes a
Quick Start programming guide and a 16-page controller instruction
manual, printed in color.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed
with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment
Ramp-Hold. The solid-state controller continually monitors the firing so
you can spend your time productively without closely watching the kiln.
The sealed controller touch pad keeps out dust and wipes clean in
You will be amazed at the convenience of digital firing. The reliable solid-state Sentry Xpress controller
continually monitors the firing so you do not need to closely watch the
kiln. (Please remember, however, to check the kiln occasionally during
firing and to monitor it near the expected shutoff time.) You can try
out a demonstration of the controller on your computer by
and I are a husband and wife team and love the fact that with the
BlueBird we have plenty of space for our beads when working together in
the studio. Wonderful kiln!" -- Jenelle Aubade of SFD Glass Studio in
Fayetteville, North Carolina. You can download a free copy of a
lampworking bead tutorial.
Features of the BlueBird
- digital Sentry Xpress controller
- 2 - 10” wide x 2” high doors
- adjustable 3”-deep slotted stainless steel mandrel holders
- stainless steel glass rod warmer
- Door latches hold the doors closed; rare-earth magnets hold the doors open
- 6” deep firing chamber (measured with doors closed)
- Ceramic fiber roof, walls, and floor
- Embedded roof element
- 1”-thick ceramic fiber doors
- Mandrel holders with 20 slots
- 1200°F maximum temperature
- Mar-proof plastic feet
- On-off safety switch
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon Fusion Kilns
- Program up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in Single Speed mode.
- Store up to 4 programs in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold without having to stop the kiln to
reprogram. (For instance, you want to skip to the annealing segment.)
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without stopping the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the firing to reprogram.
- Easily control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a
specific temperature. Program an alarm that will remind you to check on
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln at a time that best suits your busy schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the
“Additional Information” section below to review all the controller
features in more detail.
"I Love my Bluebird Kiln! It is always dependable,
accurate and has never let me down. I know I can count on Paragon to
ensure that each and every one of my glass creations is properly
annealed." - Amy Waldman-Smith, Canada
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-Key
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln
will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products
reflect their design for use in the United States. The International
versions of most models will have variations in electrical
specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or
Front Loading Square
Understanding Chamber Measurements
The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
27.00W x 15.25D x 14.50H Inches
686W x 387D x 368H mm
30.00W x 18.75D x 22.00H Inches
762W x 476D x 559H mm
Ship Method & Notations
This Kiln Ships Via UPS