Paragon SC-3 Silver & Glass Kiln
SHOWN RIGHT WITH OPTION BEAD DOOR AND OPTIONAL WINDOW
The digital SC-3 kiln fires silver clay,
decals, china paint, enameling, and glass in minutes up to 2000°F. The
SC-3 is popular with seminar teachers because it fires so fast, plugs
into a 120 volt outlet, and is easy to sell.
The Paragon SC-3 Kiln has been in production since 1998. It is a proven design that we have steadily refined every year. Artists in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Japan love this 120v kiln.
The SC-3, for a digital kiln, is surprisingly
affordable. This kiln fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate,
temperature and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak
any type of clay silver to its recommended time.
The ceramic fiber firing chamber of this Paragon electric kiln is wrapped in a steel inner case. The outer steel case remains cool due to the
layer of air between it and the inner case. In addition, the case is
slotted for air circulation. Electrical components, located in the
base, stay cool even at extended hold times.
The fast firing element is embedded in the
firing chamber shell. This 210v kiln heats from the two sides and back. It includes a top vent for lost wax casting.
Each SC-3 includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf.
Paragon SC-3 Kiln Features
- On/off safety switch
- Built-in base; no extra stand needed
- Door opens 180 degrees for easy loading
- The case is slotted for air circulation
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times
- The embedded element heats from the two sides and back
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
- Optional glass view port
- Optional 6 1/2” wide bead door with mandrel holder
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Segment and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on the SC-3
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Segment mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip Segment feature in Ramp-Hold mode
- Temperature hold
- The Sentry Xpress can control both heating and cooling.
- Program Review lets you check that the program you are about to fire is correct.
- Temperature Display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
The Paragon SC-3 Kiln can now ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially
designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive