Mayco Designer Liner 404 BLUE
Liner is a concentrated, clay-based pigment, packaged in a 1.25 oz.
squeeze bottle featuring a metal writer tip. The metal tip allows for
precise application - almost as accurate and precise as a ball point
pen. You can create designs, outline shapes or patterns in your design,
create stripes, dots, squiggles & lines, or write words.
can be applied directly on clay, bisque, or over other glazes. Designer
Liner will fire to a matte finish - a clear or transparent glaze
(Foundations Sheers, for example) will give it a gloss finish.
Designer Liner can also be applied using a liner brush, such as CB-110 #10/0 liner. Will fire from cone 05/06 up to cone 6.
Product Features & Attributes
Drying - design integrity is maximized, but clogging the narrow
passages of the metal and/or plastic tips may occur. The small straight
pin is provided to ream either orifice should it become clogged.
- Matte Finish - may require a clear or transparent glaze if a gloss finish is desired.
- Non Toxic, Food Safe. May not be suitable for dinnerware due to surface characteristics.
- 1.25 oz squeeze bottle (includes metal writing tip)
- Remove the white cap then gently puncture plastic tip with the metal writer tip.
- After placing the metal tip onto the bottle cap, push the included
pin through the small ziptop bag and seal (this makes it easier to keep
track of the pin).
- Keep the pin in the metal writer tip when not in use.
- Designer Liner is clay based. As such, it is the nature to dry
quickly which can promote clogging in the narrow passages of the metal
and or plastic tips.
- Clear or transparent glazing is necessary for gloss finish. Designer Liner will fire matte when no glaze is applied over top.
- Design work could be distorted when applied on top of glazes that have a tendency to move.
- Wipe tip periodically on a damp sponge to keep clean.
- Keep the metal pin to unclog the tip and keep the metal writer tip free from debris.
- If Designer Liner begins to dry in the bottle you can add a few
drops of water to reconstitute Designer Liner. Stir and test for proper
viscosity. Add water in small amounts to avoid over-thinning the
- Place some Designer Liner on a tile and use a CB-110 #10/0 Liner Brush for extra fine outlining or detailing.
- Designer Liner is not a dimensional product. If applied too thick or heavy, Designer Liner will crack and possibly pop off.
Works Great at Low-Fire and Mid-Range!
Designer Liner enables the artist to achieve crisp, non-moving
linework at cone 06-6 temperatures. To ensure sharpness in line quality,
use a non-moving transluscent or clear glaze over the top of Designer
Liner. Fires to a matte finish without a glaze over the top.
Great for writing text!
the precise metal writer tip and find your style. Write in cursive,
draw block-lettering, and make wispy calligraphy marks with ease.
Perfect for fine detail illustration!
Try all types of line to create depth and visual interest in your
designs. Designer Liner is the tool to draw in all styles; pointillism,
cross-hatching, scumbling, and can also be applied with script liner
brush to create calligraphy-like line-work.
Bottle Prep: Before first using the product you will need
to punch a hole in the tip of the plastic screw cap using the writer tip
provided. DO NOT CUT the plastic tip or make the tip opening larger
than the thickness of the metal writer tip. The metal writer tip is
threaded and will snuggly fit on the tip of the screw cap.
Applying Color: Shake bottle to force color down into the
tip. To initiate product flow, squeeze out a little of the product
through the writer tip onto a paper towel. Use steady, even pressure
to begin your detailing. Apply onto bisque or unfired glaze and then
apply a clear glaze. Use with a Liner brush for fine outlining or
brushstrokes. Fire to shelf cone 05/06 (1031C/999C) or up to cone 6
(1222C). Designer Liner is food safe with clear glaze applied over top,
AP Non-Toxic and Non Hazardous when used under normal conditions.
Storage: If you anticipate using Designer Liner
frequently, you may want to store the bottle with the metal tip left on
the bottle. Place the metal straight pin (provided) into the metal
writer tip as this will help keep the writer tip free from clogging. An
alternative storage method is to remove the metal writer tip and
reattach the white plastic tip to the screw cap. You will want to soak
the metal writer tip in warm water to remove any traces of the designer
liner from the nozzle. In either case it is important to minimize air
exposure to Designer Liner. Always store at room temperature.