Paragon Kiln F240 Elite Lamp Working Kiln
Anneal large glass figurines in the digital
F-240 lamp working kiln. Raise the spring-loaded vertical-drop door to
insert a glass figurine with a punty rod. Lower the door. The punty rods
or mandrels will extend outside the firing chamber through the small
punty rod doors. This allows even large glass pieces to anneal safely.
Punty rod doors retain the heat
Two 4” x 7 1/2” punty rod doors will give
you plenty of room to work with. Because of a gap under the punty rod
doors, you can usually close them all the way even when mandrels extend
past the firing chamber. Two layers of woven gaskets under each door
help to hold in the heat. Powerful rare-earth magnets hold the punty rod
doors in the open and closed positions. To help retain heat, the
ceramic fiber punty rod doors are two inches thick.
New slide-out mandrel holder
We have added an adjustable mandrel holder
to the front of the kiln. Adjust it horizontally and vertically without
tools. Position the heavy-duty welded mandrel holder from 1 1/4” to 12”
from the front edge of the main floor. (A firebrick extension on the
front of the kiln fits under the punty rod doors beyond the front edge
of the kiln floor.) Then tighten the mandrel holder with the thumb
screws on each side of the kiln. The holder slides inside steel tubes
mounted in the base of the kiln. The stainless steel mandrel rest, which
includes 14 slots, can also be adjusted vertically.
New thicker firebricks in the F-240
The firebricks in the roof, walls, door, and
bottom are 3” thick. This is 20% more insulation than the standard 2
1/2” firebricks in the walls and bottom of our earlier F-240 kilns. The extra insulation enables the Paragon F240 kiln to maintain a temperature hold with greater ease. A firebrick ledge extends 3” past the punty rod doors as a
handy working surface.
For your safety the Paragon F240 kiln is rigorously tested by TUV to meet UL and CSA standards. TUV is Germany’s leading
testing lab. We can make the F-240 for any electrical system in the
world. The F-240 includes a safety on/off switch for your convenience.
Electrical components stay cool in a slotted base. No extra stand is
needed for your kiln.
Deluxe mercury relays are standard
We have upgraded the Paragon F240 kiln with the deluxe mercury relay, which controls the cycling of the heating elements. The relay in this Paragon kiln is industrial grade and heavy-duty for extra long life. Ask
experienced glass artists what they think of the relay.
Digital temperature controller
Maintain the annealing temperature
indefinitely with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller. The thermocouple,
which senses the temperature, is protected with a high-nickel stainless
steel sheath for long, trouble free life.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed
with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment
Ramp-Hold. Single Speed is especially easy to program.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon Glass Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a
specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the
“Additional Information” section below to review these features in more
Sidewall elements are now standard in the F-240
The Paragon F240 kiln elements heat from the sides and back of the kiln in dropped, recessed wall grooves. (This type of groove
protects the elements.) We recommend that you order the optional safety
door switch, which turns off the elements when the door is raised. (The
temperature controller will continue to operate when the safety switch
turns off the elements.)
If you prefer an element in the top instead of the walls, please specify when you place your order for this Paragon kiln. The price of the Paragon F240 kiln is the same whether the elements are in the walls or the top. Top elements of this Paragon kiln are mounted in deluxe pinless element grooves. For an extra
fee, you can have both top and sidewall elements.
- On/off switch
- Safety pilot light
- Elements in the walls, protected in dropped, recessed grooves
- 3” insulating refractory firebricks throughout the firing chamber
- Optional door safety switch
- Electrical components stay cool in a slotted base. No extra stand is needed.
- Long-life electrical system
- Coated roof for extra durability
- Precisely balanced spring-loaded vertical-drop door
- 2 - 4” x 7 1/2” punty rod doors
- Double gaskets under the 2" thick punty rod doors
- Thermocouple with high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life
- Rare earth magnets hold the punty rod doors open or closed.
- Deluxe mercury relay
- TUV tested to UL and CSA standards
- Mar-proof plastic feet
- Made in the USA.
- Shipped in a wooden crate.
Included with your Paragon kiln is a 16 page controller instruction manual and a quick start programming guide, all written in plain English and fully illustrated.
Durable wooden crate
There is no extra charge for crating this Paragon kiln.
Inquire about the crating cost of a competitive kiln when figuring
prices. Because Paragon is in the central U.S. along a major shipping
route, our shipping cost is often lower than that of our competition. We
pass this savings on to you.
Made in USA
The Paragon F240 kiln is made at the Paragon factory in Mesquite, Texas USA. Every phone call received at the factory during
business hours is answered by a customer service representative who will
direct your call to the appropriate person. Your call will not be
shuffled to a voice mail system during business hours. We are open from 7
a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Thursday. Our
expanded hours allow us to serve customers in differing time zones. Call
us—we look forward to hearing from you.
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
IMPORTANT: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns.
Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-Key
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln
will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products
reflect their design for use in the United States. The International
versions of most models will have variations in electrical
specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or
Kiln Type : Front Loading Square
Sides : 4
Understanding Chamber Measurements
Chamber Volume : 2.40 CU.FT. / 67.96 litres
Chamber Width : 18.00 IN / 457 mm
Chamber Depth : 18.00 In / 457 mm
Chamber Height : 13.00 IN / 330 mmThe Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
Outer Size : 29.00W x 34.50D x 29.00H Inches / 737W x 876D x 737H mm
Ship Size : 37.00W x 42.00D x 39.00H Inches / 940W x 1067D x 991H mm
Ship Weight : 322.00 Lbs. / 146.06 Kg.
Ship Method & Notations : This Kiln Ships Via Truck
Part Number : 9F611J3DGP * Base Model