Paragon F-500 Lamp Working Kiln
We are constantly improving the F-500. The
kiln is designed for annealing large glass figurines, beads, and marbles
and is made at the Paragon factory in Mesquite, Texas USA. The interior
is 24” wide, 22 1/4” high, and 18” deep. Imagine the huge glass pieces
you could make with a kiln this large.
Paragon F-500, with its towering door counter-weight and handsome black finish, is a true workhorse kiln that will raise your production. The F-500 simplifies annealing so you can
immerse yourself in creating breathtaking ware.
Raise the counter-weight vertical-drop door
to insert glass on a punty rod. Lower the door of the large glass annealing kiln.The punty rod extends
outside the firing chamber through a smaller punty rod door. The door is
balanced so it stays open where you stop it. Maintain the annealing
temperature indefinitely with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller.
The punty rod doors retain the heat
The main door includes two 4” x 10 1/2”
punty rod door openings. Two flexible gaskets under each door help to
retain the heat. The rods can extend outside the Paragon F-500 kiln through the gap under the doors. This allows the doors to remain fully closed. The
ceramic fiber punty rod doors are a full two inches thick to help retain
Rare-earth magnets hold the doors in the open and closed positions.
Adjustable rod rest
You can adjust the rod rest, which is
positioned in front of the punty rod doors, by turning wing bolts.
Adjust it horizontally and vertically without tools. Or remove the rod
rest altogether when you don’t need it. You can order the optional stand
for the F-500, with or without casters.
Durable insulating firebricks
The insulating firebricks, wrapped in
heavy-gauge steel, soak up heat for slow, efficient cooling. The elements of this large glass annealing kiln are protected in dropped, recessed wall grooves for trouble-free firing. Wires are fastened to the elements with heat-dissipating
connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns. Elements
are coiled from the finest high-temperature wire available. The F-500
has no roof elements.
We can manufacture your Paragon F-500 kiln for almost any electrical system in the world. Let us know of your special voltage requirements for the large glass annealing kiln.
Heavy duty components
Costly heavy-gauge nickel-plated copper
wiring is covered with high temperature glass-braided insulation. The
thermocouple, which senses temperature inside the kiln, is protected
with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life. No extra stand
is needed; the built-in base stays cool even during extended hold times.
Industrial grade mercury relay
A mercury relay is standard on the Paragon F-500. The relay sends power to the elements on command from the digital
controller. The industrial-grade mercury relay far outlasts mechanical
relays. The life of the quiet, reliable mercury relay has been measured
in millions of on/off cycles.
Features of the F-500
- 3-key digital Sentry Xpress controller
- 15” deep firing chamber (measured with doors closed)
- Firebrick roof, walls, door, and floor
- Mercury relay
- Precisely balanced counter-weight vertical-drop door
- 2” thick ceramic fiber punty rod doors
- Double gaskets under the 2" thick punty rod doors
- Rare earth magnets hold the punty rod door open or closed
- Thermocouple with high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life
- Mandrel holder adjusts without tools
- 1200°F maximum temperature
- Dropped, recessed element grooves in the walls
- Mar-proof plastic feet
- On-off safety switch for your convenience
- Made in the USA
- Shipped in a wooden crate.
The F-500 has a user-friendly 3-key Sentry Xpress 3-key controller
which includes two firing modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
The solid-state controller continually monitors the firing so you can
spend your time productively without closely watching the kiln. The
sealed controller touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.The
thermocouple, which senses the temperature, is protected with a
high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long trouble free life.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a
specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C.
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the
“Additional Information” section below to review these features in more
- A Quick Start Guide to place near your kiln as a handy reference
High temperature black finish
The F-500 is proudly made in America to
exacting standards. It has a durable high temperature, water-base
finish. We chose water-base paint because of the low emissions during
spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and
cuts down on pollution.
Included with your large glass annealing kiln is a 16-page controller instruction manual and a quick start programming guide, all written in plain English and fully illustrated.
Shipped in a wooden crate
There is no extra charge for crating.
Inquire about the crating cost of a competitive kiln when figuring
prices. Because Paragon is in the central U.S. along a major shipping
route, our shipping cost is often lower than that of our competition. We
pass this savings on to you.
A direct phone line
At Paragon, every phone call received during
business hours is answered by a customer service professional--not an
answering system--who will direct your call to the appropriate person.
We are open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday
through Thursday. Our expanded hours allow us to serve customers in
differing time zones. Call us—we look forward to hearing from you.