L&L Liberty Belle Kiln
LB18-3 : 2.5 Cu Ft., 3" Brick, 30 Amp
The Liberty~Belle kiln meets the needs of serious hobbyists, potters and others who need a simple small automatic kiln ideal for home use or for a studio test kiln. Complete easy-to-follow visual instructions make this kiln ideal for the beginner yet powerful enough for experienced users. It has L&L's time-proven technology like ceramic element holders, industrial-grade element terminals, heavy-duty elements and corrosion resistant materials. Insulation is an energy saving 3'' brick. This sectional kiln is easy to move and set up by the home user. The 12 foot long 30 amp cord makes it easy to plug in.
- FITS ON A STANDARD DRYER PLUG !
- Cone 10
- Energy Saving
- Sized for Serious Work - 2-1/2 cubic feet (16-1/2" diameter by 18" high)
- True Cone 10 Operation with Fast Heat Up
- Fire Ceramics, Glass and Metal
- Plugs into a 30 Amp Dryer Outlet (Nema 14-30) -with a 12 Foot Long Cord (for Easy Installation)
- Comes Apart in Sections for Easy Set-up
- Simple Three Button Automatic Control -
includes 4 Programs - each with 8 Segments
- Durable Professional Grade Construction - includes L&L's Ceramic Element Holders
- Complete Visual Instruction Manual
- Stainless & Aluminized Steel Case - to Resist Corrosion
- Super Ventilated Control Panel -for Long Component Life
- OPTIONAL Furniture Kit:
(One full 15" shelf, four half 15" shelves, four each 1", 2", 4" and 6" triangular posts and one pound of cone 10 kiln wash).
Specifications & Additional Features
- Internal Size: 2-1/2 cubic feet
(16-1/2" diameter by 18" high)
- Outside Dimensions: 25'' wide by 31'' deep by 31'' high (55'' high with lid open)
- Recommended Floor Space: 51'' wide by 51'' deep (you need 12'' around kiln)
- ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS: 240 volts, single phase using a Nema 14-30P 12 foot cord, 5760 watts, 24.0 amps, 30 amp fuse or circuit breaker, 10 gauge hook up wire. The plug can be easily changed to a Nema 6-30P or a 6-50P because the neutral is not used. (NOTE: A Nemas 14-30 pl;ug is the typical plug on today's electric dryers)
- ENERGY SAVINGS: The kiln when empty can reach Cone 10 in about 2 hours and use about 12.5 KWH (this would cost about $1.00 @ 8 cents per KWH. When fired with a heavy load of 55 pounds it took 23 KWH to go to Cone 6 on a Fast Glaze program - about $1.84).
- Sectional Construction: Two secdtions with separate bottom. Easy to lift each piece (less than 60 pounds each), sets up in under 1/2 hour)
- Reversible Bottom: Easy to reverse in case of mishap
- Brick: 3" of premium select K23
- Reflective coating on entire interior, hardens brick
- Ceramic Element Holders
- Element Terminations Stainless Bolts on Ceramic Blocks, no special tools to change
- Max Temp: 2350F, 1287C, Cone 10
- Control Panel Mount: Single piece on kiln - well ventilated
- Control: Simple Three Button Automatic control with four programs. Three programs are set up for ceramic firing (slow bisque to cone 06, Slow Glaze to cone 05, Fast Glaze to cone 6 - all of which can be easily changed. One program is left for anything you want such as firing glass or metal. Programs stay in memory until changed. There are eight segments in each program and each segment has a ramp, hold and a soak.
- Thermocouple: Heavy-duty 8 gauge type K
- On/Off Switch: you can turn kiln off
- Control Fuse: Panel mounted - easy to change
- Case Construction & Assembly Screws: Stainless & Alumnized Steel for corrosion resistance
- Two heavy duty soild ceramic peephole plugs
- Control Panel: Super ventilated and insulated to protect controls
- Hinge: Stainless Steel
- Door Angle When Open: To the back (doesn't hang over opening)
- Full support heavy gauge aluminized steel with rigid bends
- Heavy Duty Elements
- Shipping BY MOTOR FREIGHT: 220 pounds for kiln. Add 30 pounds for furniture kit. 36'' by 36'' by 30'' high. Shipping class 85.
- Three Year Warranty
3" brick is standard on the Liberty-Belle. 2 1/2" is available but 3" is recommended for energy efficiency. You will save the difference in cost pretty quickly by using less electricity to heat the kiln with the thicker bricks.
Note: the 240 volt LB18-3 (the standard configuration of the Liberty-Belle) heated up to 2350 Deg F in 2 hours when
the kiln was empty. The LB18-240 (with 2-1/2" brick) heated up to 2350 Deg F in 2-1/2 hours.
No change in delivery for this option.
208 volt elements are available at no extra charge. 220 volts is available for non-US applications. 3 phase is not
ALL CORDS ARE 12 FEET LONG
The standard plug that comes with the kiln is a Nema 14-30P (4 prong, 30 amp).
This plug can be easily altered by the customer (by changing an included prong) to be a 14-50P (4 prong, 50 amp) plug.
This is already included for no extra charge.