OLYMPIC Electric OVAL KILN : 3027
Model comes with stand,
peephole plugs, instruction manual,
and warranty card.
See chart at bottom of this page for all of this kiln's specifications.
OLYMPIC OVAL KILNS
The Olympic Oval was created to fill many needs.
First, to provide a kiln for large ceramic pieces and
big commercial loads, while requiring little more floor
space than the cylindrical kiln it replaces, and, second,
to offer an extremely energy efficient kiln for larger
loads. This efficiency can be illustrated by comparing
the power to volume ratio of an oval to that of a
The oval, long the workhorse for the
busy studio or ceramic factory, has been redesigned for
the fast firing requirements of the contemporary studio
or those doing ceramic production. Firing Temperature
- ONLY "H" Model Olympic Ovals models are rated for cone 10 on 208, 240
or 480 volts.
- Non-"H" models are all rated cone 8.
- Adding a blank ring decreases the maximum firing temperature by about 2 cones.
Plugs vs. Direct Wired
Ovals come in three exciting
- All Single phase Oval kiln which draw 50 or more amps are direct wired.
- Single phase Ovals drawing fewer than 50 amps are equipped with a 6-50P plug.
- All three phase Ovals are Direct Wired
- the Olympic 20
Oval is 20 inches wide by 30
- the Olympic 25 Oval is 25 inches wide by 37 inches
- and the Olympic 30 Oval is 30 inches wide by 42 inches
- Each width is available in numerous depths ranging from 18 to 31 1/2 inches.
The new ovals retain the shape and size of the past; however, they
are built with the top section consisting of the lid and top row of
bricks, four rows of brick for the center section and the bottom
row of brick and the bottom of the kiln connected as a section.
The top and bottom sections are connected to the center section
by an interconnecting plug. This
allows the sections to be easily
separated and reduces the amperage
carried by the interconnecting plug
to just one element.
Each of the new oval kilns are available in 3 controller configurations:
Here at Sheffield Pottery we are offering the V6-CF Electronic Controller versions.
- Equipped with
a kiln sitter and three position
switches (low, medium, high
- or with Kiln Sitter with Limit Timer
- or with V6-CF Electronic controller.
Other Features of the Olympic Stackable Oval Kilns
- If you would prefer the less expensive Kiln Sitter or Kiln Sitter with Limit Timer version please give a call for our discount price.
additional option is three-zone
control that senses and maintains
temperature at three levels within
- Stackable means you can add an additional ring to any of these models.
- NOTE: Adding a blank ring decreases your max firing temp by about 2 cones.
- Olympic oval kilns are
constructed of three-inch brick
for added insulation and strength.
- Balanced heating elements insure an
even distribution of heat within the
kiln regardless of the load being fired.
- The lid has a locking lid
brace and over sized hinge secured to hidden reinforced plates
for added durability.
- The lid also has a hole in the center for
- Each ring has handles for easy lifting and Olympicís
unique ring lock to prevent shifting of the kiln rings when in use.