Paragon Caldera Kiln
Fire silver clay, china, ceramics, and glass
in Paragon’s digital Caldera kiln. It makes glass compatibility and
glaze color tests fast and easy. It fires rapidly on 120 volts to
2350°F/1287°C. With a separate top and bottom, it is stackable and
completely portable. For a digital kiln, it is surprisingly affordable.
The Sentry Xpress controller fires in either
Ramp-Hold or Cone-Fire mode. Control both heating and cooling with
simple 3-key operation. The Caldera includes a safety on/off toggle
Add 4 ˝” of height to the Caldera with a
collar. The Caldera-BC collar has a 7˝” x 2” door on the side for
annealing glass beads. The Caldera-X is the same type of collar, but
without the bead door.
- 2 ˝” insulating refractory firebricks
- Dropped, recessed brick grooves
- Louvered switch box, heavy duty wiring
- The Caldera, even with a collar, still fire to 2000°F/1093°C
- 120 volt 5-15R outlet, 1800 watts
- 4 - 2” x 2” x 2” firebrick blocks included with each kiln, to be placed under the kiln during firing.
The Optional Furniture Kit (not included)
The furniture kit consists of carefully
selected fireclay shelves and posts for this particular model. When
estimating the price of the kiln, include the cost of furniture. The
furniture allows you to stack multiple layers of ware. Without it, you
could fire only the ware that would fit on the kiln bottom.
Caldera & Caldera-S Furniture Kit
1 C-7 Shelf
4 - 2” long 1” wide Square Posts
1 lb. Bag Glass Separator
Furniture Kit Shipping Weight: 8 lbs.